Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Starting The Journey

Twelve years and two kids will do a lot of things to you. When I married my husband more than 12 years ago, I weighed a very healthy 119 pounds. He weighed about 180 or so - very healthy for his size, too.

Fast forward 12 years and 2 kids later - suffice it to say, we don't weigh that anymore! Not anywhere close! So we've finally decided to do something about it.

Together, we've joined millions of others in the Weight Watchers program. My BFF joined Weight Watchers a couple of months ago and has lost over 20 lbs. already! So Adam and I have decided to give it a try. We're doing the online program (with both of us doing it, it'd be impossible to get a babysitter every week for the meetings/weigh-ins) - we signed up last night and officially started this morning.

My weight goal is to lose 23 pounds. My point goal per day is 29. It's just after lunch, and I've already used 19 of my points! Guess I've got some work to do, huh? :-)

We've chosen to weigh in on Fridays (my husband's logic is that if we splurge on the weekend, we'll have all week to work it back off!). I'll share each week how I'm doing and any good recipes I find along the way. If you are on this journey as well, I'd love to hear your stories! Please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment